2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Miss England is in the Army!!

This story came to my attention the other day....

They say that in the Army the women are mighty fine..
They look like Phyllis Diller..

And march like Frankenstein..


-Old Army marching cadence from my younger years..

Generally we make fun of women in the military to a degree. Although my views on women in the service have changed greatly over the years since my days in the "man's Army" of the Infantry brotherhood (no sisters allowed) I still enjoy an occasion laugh at my sisters-in-arms expense. Truthfully I have known women in uniform that I would of gladly taken a bullet for or followed into battle...and others that I would have pushed in front of me to save me from taking a bullet or wouldn't of followed to a all night orgy. But the same can be said about my male compatriots as well. Truthfully, women have every right to be in the service and in most cases serve as capable, if not more, than their male counterparts. Recently the State of Ohio swore in our first female Adjutant General of the National Guard and State Militias, Brigadier General Deborah Ashenhurst. So yes, women do have their place of honor in my book.

Now, onto the sexist part of this post....

I like the Brits...other than 1776 and 1812 we have generally either been friendly to one another of stayed out of each others way. I dare say that without American support in the early years of WW2 that the Brits of today might be eating some Sauerbraten and kraut for dinner today. What I have always marveled at is their deep military tradition. The unit that we call the 3rd US Infantry Regiment.."The Old Guard"...would barely be recognized as an established unit by some of their standards. Some of the Brit units have lineages going back 300, 400 or more years ago! Best of all are the Brits themselves. The common image of the stoic, dry Brit is a stereotype for sure. They allow all types of crazy "blokes" in their ranks...people from "commoners" all the way up to the royalty themselves!

You will also find everyone in between....such is this tale.

Meet CPL Katrina Hodge...aka Miss England (sorry guys she's married now so no longer eligible for the crown or for you for that matter). She traded in her beret and rifle for a year for a tiara and scepter but is now back at it and going to Afghanistan. Good luck and God speed Corporal!
Good Read...enjoy it...and the pics..

No comments: