2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Another random pic from my world....

I was making my rounds at work a few weeks ago and I spied this picture hanging on the wall of a co-workers desk area. Its her son, a former Marine and OIF veteran who is on the pistol team at OSU (THE Ohio State Univeristy) here in Columbus. What piqued my interest is that I have shot with the OSU pistol coach, Jim Sweeney, in Circleville at steel plate matches a few years ago. That "old man" can still shoot the hell out of a revolver at those things! Anyway, I would be interested to know what type of a .22 target pistol that is tht Bryan is using in the picture. I believe it is a highly customized Ruger Mark II as that is one of the pistols used (along with the S&W Model 41) by the team, but it could be something else all together entirely.


Once again, another cool pic found at random..this time with a story and a connection to my own experiences to boot....COOL!



OK, thats me on the far left with my forward deployed "Budwieser rucksack" (beer belly), Jim Sweeney is next to me...on the other side of the tree is on of my steel plate buds Eric, and his son Chris..never too yound to learn to shoot right! Jim is a gentleman and hell of a shooter! This is circa July 2009 when I was still shooting a .40 Glock 22....I have since moved to a 9mm Glock 34, although I did not shoot but once last year.

2 comments:

JesseL said...

It's definitely not a Ruger. It's some sort of free pistol.Looks to me like a Morini.

http://www.morini.ch/cm84.htm

Huey said...

JesseL...you are the man! I have never even heard of Morini before...doubt I could afford one by the looks of it, probably part of the reason right there!

Great find..your Google-Fu is strong!!

Thanks!