2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

100,000 page hits!!s (and growing!)

Wow! 100,000 hits on this blog since the "new" counter was put up on September 3, 2009, Man, thats a lot...I think. Of course with the "old" counter included I have been over 100K for some time but its still neat to see it in on an actual counter. I remember when I started this thing over 2 years ago that I didn't think I would keep it going that long. My posts have sometimes been sporadic at best...but I keep at it because...well, heck..its fun. It feeds my ego and helps me express myself and be creative. I have gone through a lot of time and money on this journey and the future is wide open...

And I know that not all of those 100,000 hits is just me looking at my own work! Thanks to everyone that has stopped by here at one time or another, especially those that have commented or are repeat readers of my humble prose. I am truley amazed by the vast array of people that this blog has attracted. Just yesterday I got a comment from someone living in the Phillipines! If you haven't taken a chance to click on the global map by the counter, take a look. Its amazing that so many people across the globe has found my little corner or the net.

I hope I have been able to educate and entertain you. If I have made you stop and think that's good as well...hell, if I have pissed you off at least I got some type of response from my words. And that's what blogging should be...not some cheap way to take potshots at a subject, event or person..but a way to communicate ideas and imagry to the reader. I hope I have done such that in the past and in the futue as well.

Again, thanks to everyone for being part of the gunsight!


~ Pete (aka Huey)

2 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Congratulations!

Like most blogs, you deserve to be better read, but there are unfortunately lots and lots of blogs competing for a finite number of eyeballs.

Kevin Delaney said...

KicK AsS PeTe!!!! Keep em comin!!I may not comment that much but i read every post!