2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Reminiscning about snubbies....

I was sitting in "Der Bunker" yesterday reflecting on the weapons that I have sold or passed on in the last couple of years. One pistol keeps coming back to my mind...the S&W 637 J-Frame .38spl+P that I got rid of to get the Ruger LCP I now carry. The Ruger is a great pistol but one thing I notices last time I was at the range working with the CT laser was that it was difficult to get a good position on the trigger quickly due to the short length of the grip. I actually found myself having to reach back more to get my finger in the trigger guard in order to get a secure position on the trigger. This is important for be able to get to know your pistol and gauging the breaking point of the trigger and reset for accurate, rapid fire.

I remember the snubbie fitting quite well in my hand, being of a high level of fit and finish and shooting better than I would have expected from such a short barrel. I doubt I will revert but it would be nice to get to shoot one again....

No comments: