2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

More zombie blasting fun....in the Wild, wild west...Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare on the Xbox 360

I started playing a game on the Xbox 360 (I've become a big fan lately) called Red Dead Redemption (RDR). In it the player assumes the role of John Marston, a former outlaw who tried to go straight but is forced into confronting old comrades as foes in order to save his family. It takes place at the turn of the 20th century but the towns and people seem more at place in the wild west of the 1870's - 1890's. Anyway, its a good game but would not normally get a mention here but for the addition of one thing....zombies of course.

Yeah, I love zombies...zombie flicks, zombie stories...zombie anything these days...luckily there are so many outlets to choose from. I could post probably for a month straight, once a day, about a video game based on or containing zombies alone. But I (probably) won't any time soon. However, the twist on RDR by the introduction of zeds is worth mentioning here since I am actually playing it.

A $10.00 downloadable expansion pack on the Xbox 360 called Undead Nightmare continues the story of the orginal game (which I have not finished yet, fyi) with Marston confronting a zombie plague across the old west that is truely a great fight to undertake. Not only is every single NPC in the game (other than scripted characters) replaced with a zombie, it also introduces BIGFOOT too! In additon other animals in the story can also be infected and zombified!! Its a bit challenging, especially since I have yet to master combat in the original game, but it is a blast none the less!!

So for a nominal fee you get a 2nd game on top of a great game to begin with...and zombies!!



2 comments:

Mark said...

I loved Red Dead. Finished it too quickly tho, traded it in before I heard about Undead Nightmare. I hope Rockstar releases it on disc like they did for the GTAIV expansions.

Huey said...

Rockstar did release it as a stand alone...I found it at a local resale shop (one of those play it and trade it places) for $25.00...