2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I trust guns...I don't trust people...

Found this dribble posted on Gunlistings.org under the Ohio section from someone claiming to be from Cincy in a listing called "to the crybabies complaining about overposts"....(the original post was all in caps btw, not my editing, I guess he was real mad)

BEFORE ALL YOU CRYBABIES OUT THERE START COMPLAINING AND ACCUSING THOSE OF US WHO TAKE THE TIME TO RENEW LISTINGS ON A REGULAR BASIS OF HAVING ITEMS NOONE WANTS TO JUSTIFY YOUR LOWBALL OFFERS, THINK ABOUT THIS... SOME OF US ARE IN THE
BUSINESS TO MAKE A BUCK OR TWO IN LIGHT OF TODAYS ECONOMY. IT IS OUR AND YOUR RIGHT TO DO. I PERSONALLY DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO CHANGE THE WORDING, PHOTOS AND PRICE ON A PARTICULAR ITEM WHEN I HAVE A INVENTORY OF MORE THAN ONE AND SOMETIMES MANY OF THE SAME ITEM. SO, BEFORE YOU ALL START WASTING MINE AND OTHERS TIME WITH YOUR B.S. EMAILS BUSTING OUR BALLS WITH YOUR UNJUSTIFIED AND OFTEN CHILDISH AND MORE OFTEN UNEDUCATED OPINIONS WHILE USING FAKE EMAIL ADDRESSES TO COVER UP YOUR COWARDESS THINK ABOUT THIS... JUST BECAUSE YOU USE A FAKE RETURN EMAIL ADDRESS, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE EMAIL CAN'T BE TRACED BACK TO YOUR COMPUTER OR I-PHONE OR WHATEVER. YOUR DEVICE HAS ONE SPECIFIC WEB ADDRESS NUMBER WHICH I OR ANYONE ELSE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE CAN TRACE RIGHT STRAIGHT BACK TO YOU. ONE OF THESE DAYS YOU MAY HAVE SOME PSYCHO COME PAY YOU A VISIT. I READ SOMEHWERE THAT IT HAPPENED ON THE EAST COAST. A BIT OF ADVICE...DON'T PLAY STUPID GAMES WITH PEOPLE THAT PLAY WITH FIREARMS. THINK ABOUT IT. P. FRANCOIS



Wow dude, did you even read your own words before hitting the post button? That is a pretty overtly threatening email. Basically you are telling whomever you have a beef with to leave you alone or you will hunt them down and shoot them. You are part of the reason those of us who act responsibly with our firearms in the public eye need to constantly need to defend ourselves from the anti 2A crowd. If you are not mature enough just to ignore somebody or walk away from a freaking email you probably don't need that gun in your hand anyway. Besides, its not like they can stop you from posting your add anyway.


I have said it once and I will say it again..we need to police ourselves from exibiting behavior or communication that is detrimental to the 2A cause..or the government will have the real police step in and do it for us. None of us want that.


Oh and btw, if you think the BATF is not paying attention to these sites and seeing who is selling constantly and who does not have a FFL you are kidding yourself. Just FYI before you accuse me of anything, I have never sold a firearm for profit on these sites and have the original receipts to prove it. Generally when I sell on these places its because I wish to purchase another firearm to try, evaluate and shoot and need the cash to do so. I price any offering I have posted at what I consider to be a reasonable uses resale rate and generally get 10% - 20% less than what I paid for it in addition to losing out on money spent on accessories I may add to the sale.


Part of the reason I don't really look on these buy/sell sites anymore is the glut of small business owners that use them for free advertising (I have no background on what Mr. Francois' beef is with the other party but it sounds along those lines) has taken away the "fun" in it for me. Plus its aggravating for those of us individual that may post an item when some gun shop or FFL dealer from Toledo constantly posts 10 or more items that we need to compete with. And check this out Mr. Francois, when I am on the site and this behavior does not agree with my I click my address bar and go somewhere else..problem solved. Its also pretty easy to click "delete" on an email and even easier to forget about it entirely than it is to waste energy to reply.


Ironic that I took the time to write this then, isn't it? But hey, writing is in my nature I guess as was pointed out to me last night by a good friend.


So if by some strange way Mr Francois reads this I hope he takes the words with a grain of salt and learns something. I am but a casual 3rd party observer that is relating the alarm I felt reading your post on Gunlistings.org and hope you take this as constructive criticism. Hopefully he will not track me down and show up here...that would be a bad deal for both parties involved indeed.


So lets be nice and play well with others, shall we?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang dude....Why do you have to harass people? He was mad! You can't lowball a homie! Cant you see he will put a cap in yo ass for doin sompin so foolish! He's in it for the money!!!!

It goes with out saying that common sence is becoming more and more rare. The ATF is watching and im half tempted to sent that rant to them and see what they think of it. What a douchebag....