2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Cougar turns 45…a Stoeger Cougar that is….

Clever add by Stoeger here.  For those not getting it, a “cougar” is a name given to middle aged women who like to sleep with younger men.  In this case the “cougar” turned “45”…get it.  And the experience they talk about harks back to its heritage from Beretta. 

One of the first reviews I did on this blog was for the Stoeger Cougar 9mm.  It was one of the first pistols I bought and I am still as impressed with the story of its existence as I am with the entire price vs. quality ratio of the pistol.  Since that review (which, by the way, is one of my most viewed posts on this blog) Stoeger has come out first with a .40 S&W model and now one in the venerable .45 ACP round.  I suspect that quality in these pistols is as good as ever.  Since the review I have found that I do not favor pistols with manual safeties on the slide.  They seem too difficult to flip on and off compared to frame mounted safeties if you absolutely need to have one on your pistol.  I cannot fault Stoeger/Beretta much on this point with the pistol though..a hammer fired design like theirs where the safety also acts as a de-cocker logically needs to have it on the slide.  Still, I would never discourage someone from getting this pistol based on this alone.  A very high quality firearm with a certified pedigree from one of the worlds premier firearm designers and a very affordable price…what’s not to like? 

cougar0001

No comments: