2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yet more Glock talk....abusing a Glock...

I was talking with someone at work yesterday about my hobby and the subject of Glocks got brought up. He was familiar with the name thanks to video games and such but didn't know much about them other than what was in the players guide to his games and what he read on the internet. He wanted to know if a Glock was as indestructable as they say it is. I first informed him that NOTHING was indestructible, and that all it took was the right amount of force to break something. However, in my opinion, Glocks were pretty damn tough. Ran across the following quote on a gun board early this morning that kind of seemed to fit in to this conversation from yesterday (and I am not starting a 1911 vs. Glock thing here...I love them both)

(Larry) Vickers FAQ on the 1911 "7. How do I know if a 1911 is the right choice for me? That is a tough question as I feel most people are best served NOT using a 1911 as a primary sidearm. Two criteria come to mind: a) A passion for the 1911 platform and b) you are willing to be your own armorer and can fix relatively minor problems or fit certain parts yourself. If you are the kind of guy that doesn’t mind tinkering with your Harley Davidson motorcycle to keep it running then you are a candidate. If however you treat your pistols like we all treat our lawnmowers, then don’t get a 1911 – use a Glock."


I am posting this article so that I can reference this blog post to this guy for him to look at with his own eyes and make a decision. The following two items I am pretty sure I have posted at some point in the past, the video for sure...

first, a look at one man's sadistic treatment of this G21 .45 ACP and its refusal to give into his abuse (click on the pic)

Glock 21 Torture Test

and secondly, a video made by some fellow Ohioans from up North where I shoot Appleseeds at that buried a G21 for 2 years just to see what would happen...



Gee...and here I am worried I still haven't cleaned my G19 since my last range time a week ago....

Are Glocks indestructible?....nope...but pretty damn close in my book...

No comments: