2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

An open request to Glock…

Dear Gaston Glock, et al,

You may notice by looking at this blog that I am a strong supporter of your products.  Heck, some may say I am even a “fanboy” of sorts.  I find your pistols to be simple, rugged and reliable and well worth the money I spend on them.  I am hoping that you might take a constructive piece of criticism from one of your supporters for future use if you would please.  Please take a look at the following pic..

DSCF1524  G19 on the left, G34 on the right.  Somebody could use some rhinoplasty…

G26

On the left is my G19 “compact” 9mm that I use for CCW.  On the right is my G34 9mm that I use for recreational steel plate shooting.  Notice any difference?  My competition, full size “plus some” pistol has a rounded nose profile while my “compact” carry pistol does not.  I realize that the G34 was trimmed back to reduce weight to make the slide function reliably, but is it too much to ask to do this to all of your pistols?  I know you also do this on the G26/27 models (I am still determined to pick up a G26) so obviously removing a few grams of weight from a regular slide will not affect functioning either.

In addition, maybe for your “subcompact” G26 model and the like you could redesign the entire slide and frame to provide a more “melding” like treatment for snag proofing the draw procedure and maybe even trim off a ounce or so of the carry weight.  I am talking more than just rounding off the muzzle but also the top of the slide a bit more, sliming the grip (rounding the corners a bit more in addition to the Gen4 style grip panels) and rounding off the trigger guard. 

Just a few thoughts.  I know this is a purely aesthetic request, but looks count for something, right?  I have defended the Glock’s blocky appearance before as being “functional chic”, this would just be another functional improvement to your already outstanding design.

If nothing else, please takes this as my approval to just keep on keepin’ on with your products!

3 comments:

I-Like-Glocks-Also said...

Did you mail this to the Austrian address or the one in Georgia?

Kevin Delaney said...

Your a tool.... But i agree with you. My 36 had the round over. i think it is sexy... bricks are not.

Huey148 said...

@ I-Like-Glocks-Also..

It doesn't matter where you send it...Glock is omnipotent...Glock is everywhere...

@Kev.....you're a tool for not knowing which you're to use....Mr. Stanley Craftsman...