2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy 235th Birthday Marine Corps!!

Normally, I might take a moment to take a friendly pot shot at my Marine veteran readers because, well that’s what we do (er..did) in the Army.  Truth is though, I admire the heck out of you guys.  No, I do not think that you are the end all of destructive power and God’s own personified vengeance placed  on the planet for his amusement…but you guys are pretty damn good.  I will openly admit from all outward appearances, your boot camp is a killer and your choice of camo pattern of MARPAT curb stomps the ACU pattern I wore.  Different forces for different missions.  You guys are extremely good at what you do, and in the Army we are really good at we do…just on a much larger scale.

All that aside, for the approximately 250,000 current active and reserve Marines and the hundreds of thousands of FORMER Marines (I learned the hard way never to say EX-Marine) November 10th is a hallowed and special day.  So happy birthday Marines…here’s to a grand 235 years in the past and many more in the future!!

Now get out there and eat some raw meat and dog bones and GO GET SOME!!!

MarineBulldogTNTCamomd

No comments: