2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Great video showcasing the M1 Garand

Picked this up off a forum...

Great government produced video that partially showcases the M1 Garand and has a very good part with its inventor, John Garand, that includes some rare audio of him also. I got to shoot my M1 at the Appleseed event that I went to with poor results due to me mainly. Found out that the M1 is designed to be shot as a right shouldered weapon, the loading mechanism does not lend itself well to a left handed shooter slinged into it loading en bloc clips. Oh well, I will adjust...

No comments: