2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ex-Ohio state Asst. VP makes threats, labeled terrorist, media make a big deal over loaded weapons...

OK, first I am not defending this guy what so ever....he did something stupid, he made threats to one of the nations largest universities with a police force equivalent to most small towns and with resources that many larger apartments would be jealous of. The things I have to take issue with is the labeling of this guy as a "terrorist", the emphasis on the number of guns he owned and the added emphasis on the fact that they were loaded in the article.


  • Terrorist? Seriously? I have no doubt that this guy screwed the pooch royally on this one, but to throw the name tag "terrorist" on him in this era of the global war on terrorism (I will crap gold eggs before I bow to the term "contingency operations") is total show boating on both the PD and the medias part. That son of a bitch who needs to be hanged down at Ft. Hood meets the criteria of a terrorist in my book as a single entity, this guy does not. Hell, the media would not come within a hundred yards of calling that dickwad a terrorist down there lest they offend the Muslim readers and viewers of their medias. Its scary to think that now we can label someone a terrorist this easy, probably based on the number of guns he owned...speaking of which...

  • Wow he owned 12 guns....guess I'm lucky that I only own what...11 otherwise I might be called into question for my motives. The media folks just don't get it. A gun is a tool, the number of tools you have does not have any bearing on your motives or intentions. I have never once thought of or expressed any sort of plan to conduct a mass shooting despite the number of weapons that I own that must be exerting some type of mental mind control on me by sitting in a safe in my basement...at least according to Mayor Bloomberg et al. Again, sensationalism....make the gun itself evil in the media and it will eventually become constantly perceived as evil to the sheep they cater to.

  • Lastly, the guy had his weapons loaded. It does not say how many were loaded or to what degree that they were loaded. Did he have a handgun and maybe a shotgun loaded? That would be normal for many for home defense usage in these parts. You don't know by the article but again it is a selling point for the piece. Guess what, I keep a loaded gun in my house too. If I have someone break in I sure as hell am not going to ask him to kindly wait while I search for those damn rounds and load them as he sits there looking at me!
Again, I am not defending the suspect in this article. Matter of fact I am happy a possible shooting has been avoided. What I am a bit miffed at is how again the media can vilify an inanimate object to sensationalize a story and possibly lend leverage to some type of political or special interest agenda...

No comments: