2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holy Crap I've gone through a lot of guns!!

Just thinking about the G19 that I just picked up and how many times I have filled out a BATF form to purchase one over the past few years since I started this hobby/obsession with firearms. It dawned on me that I have gone through A LOT of weapons in that time. Some I got rid of because they didn't work for me, some because they didn't fit a role or purpose uniquely that wasn't better performed by another firearm, some (like the G23) because I have wanted to simplify the contents and logistics of my gun safe, and some I got rid of just to get something new to shoot and review. For whatever reason there may be, I have spent a lot of time getting rid of and purchasing new firearms. I usually make nothing on the sale of these as I don't really want to get in a position where I would be required to report income. I have walked away from some transactions when I felt something wasn't right and am happy to say that the vast majority of people I have dealt with have either been active or retired LEO with ID or CCW holders with ID or FFL holding dealers at some gun shows.

In the beginning of this blog I would occasionally post a "family" portrait of my weapons and put it up here, won't be doing that today but here's a list of both current and past firearms that I have owned over the past few years.

Current Firearms:

Handguns
Glock 19 9mm
Glock 34 9mm
Ruger LCP .380
Kimber Custom II 1911 .45
S&W 22a .22 LR

Long Guns
M1 Garand .30-06
S&W M&P15 AR 5.56/.223
Ruger 10/11 .22 LR
Mossberg Maverick 88 Security 12 ga.
Stoeger Condor Competition O/U 12 ga.
Mosin-Nagant M44 7.62x54R

OK, that was the "short list"...now for the big(ger)g one...

Former Firearms:

Handguns
S&W M&P .40 (x2 of them)
S&W M&P 40c
Stoeger Cougar 9mm.
Hi-Point C9 9mm.
S&W 637-2 .38
1952 S&W Chiefs Special .38
Sig P220 .45
Sig P239 .40
Ruger Security-Six .357
Glock 22 .40
Glock 23 .40
Kel-Tec P3AT .380
Bersa Thunder .380
Taurus PT1911-AL .45
Taurus PT1911-BHW .45
Charles Daly 1911 .45

Long Guns
Hi-Point 4095 Carbine .40
Mauser 98k 8mm
Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62x54R
WASR-10 AK 7.63x39

Quite a bit, there are a few I wish I still had, such as the Bersa Thunder .380. If I was to ever get my wife to start shooting and carry herself (like when monkeys flew out of my butt and the President said his health care plan was just a joke) that would be an excellent pistol for her use. Same goes for the Ruger Security-Six and the Stoeger Cougar. Both nice pistols I got rid of for some other reason long since forgotten.

Oh well, best not to dwell on the past but look forward to the future. Going on an outing in a couple of months with a bunch of old military guys and gals from my past, going to get some serious trigger time in with them and enjoy what I have the way they were designed to be enjoyed. Safe queens are for other guys, I want to shoot my guns!

1 comment:

Huey148 said...

Oh yeah, the P220, don't know what I was thinking when I let that one go..