2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dammit..I wanted a M-1 Carbine...

Got this in an email from CMP sales this week...

M1 CARBINES SOLD OUT. The CMP is now sold out of
M1 carbines except for the few we will still be selling on our auction program. At this time, we have no reason to expect to receive more.

M1 CARBINE STRIPPED BARRELED RECEIVERS. We are now offering for sale M1 stripped carbine barreled receivers. The several hundred we have available are the residue of our carbine inspection and repair operations of the past several years. Item number R017BRZ, Price is $125 each plus $12.95 S&H each. For more information, please see the carbine page at http://www.thecmp.org/m1carbine.htm. Choice of manufacturer is luck of the draw.

DAMN! I waited too long to get one! If I had of had the cash when I got the Garand I would of picked one up...now its down to looking at gun shows and private sales to pick one up at an inflated price - and no, I do not want to buy one of those Auto Ordanance post WWII ones!! Underwood, Inland or Winchester only!!

I guess now I will be obsessed more than ever to get one now that it is "unobtainable"..

Damn again!!

It shall be mine...oh yes...it SHALL be mine...

No comments: