2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I wanna know...what's your main CCW or range weapon?

What do you carry most often or, if you don't have a CCW license, shoot most often at the range and why? No particular reason why I want to know, just one of those things that I find interesting to learn from other people.

As most of you know from previous posts, I have a G23 and a Ruger LCP that I use for CCW currently. Although I really like the Glock, the Ruger is my main CCW weapon due exclusively to its size and weight. The G23 rides fine in the Adams Holster (review to come soon) that I have for it, the texture rubs me a bit roughly in the flanks when I carry it, but the pistol shoots fantastic otherwise and the .40 S&W is a potent round. the Ruger on thye other hand literally disappears on my when I wear it and only a trained observer would notice it most of the time. I carry more frequently than I would if I only had the G23 and that is a GOOD thing to me. The .380 the LCP shoots is much weaker, and the Hornady Critical Defense ammo I utilize in it goes a long way to help it along, but its no substitute for a 155 or 165 .40 JHP round.

So, what are you carrying?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Ruger SP101, Galco OWB
2) Taurus TCP, TalonTraining pocket

Thanks for asking.

Huey148 said...

SP101...nice, I have always liked those, a bit heavy compared to the J-Frame I used to have but definitely built to last and last and last....and you can't go wrong with a wheel gun, nothing to flub, draw and fire...

saj said...

3" kimber- 45 cal is my daily carry.
carried in a fist hybrid holster (leather w/kydex interior.) carries high and secure with a good quick draw.
i use a 5" sti in 45 for idpa. just wish i could figure out a good comfortable way to carry it! shoots sooo good.
for idpa i use a molded kydex holster.

Huey148 said...

1911, excellent choice, I have a 5" Kimber Custom II and I could see carrying a 3" version too. Once you get your head around the "cocked and locked" mindset you are good to go!

Hank Archer said...

Makarov – I feel it’s the best tradeoff between weight/concealability, stopping power, reliability, etc.

Huey148 said...

a 9x19 Mak will certainly do the job!