2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Visit The Survivalist Blog....huey needs some free ammo!!

The Survivalist Blog is giving away 1,000 rounds of 9mm to somebody who posts a link back to that site as I am doing here. Consider this my entry...(required text below)

M.D. Creekmore at The Survivalist Blog – a survival blog dedicated to helping others prepare for and survive disaster – with articles on bug out bag contents, survival knife choices and a wealth of other survival information is giving away a 1,000 round case of 9mm – 124 Grain FMJ (a $200 value – donated by LuckyGunner)! To enter, you just have to post about it on your blog. This is my entry. Visit The Survivalist Blog for the details.

OK now that's over let me give you my run down on survivalism. I will freely admit that I personally have not done enough preperation in case I need to be self sufficient with my family in tow. Part of that is, like most people, I go on day-to-day without the perceived threat looming to do so. This is an error on my part. When the threat or the need does arise is the worst time to start worry about getting prepared. We don't buy car insurance thinking we are going to crash the next day, survivalism is the same way. In reality, survival preparation IS insurance, insurance that if basic social services we depend on break down that you and yours will be ready to carry on until a better day.

Previously in my post on Go Bags, I have briefly outlined by concept of what I feel is my most likely survival situation that I might face here in Central Ohio. Not all survival plans are based on living out of a cabin in the mountains somewhere growing your own food and raising sheep to survive until the world is restored to order. This site tends to lean towards this "living off the grid" type existence a bit, and that is fine. For some, this is the threat they perceive and different strokes for different folks and all that. My vision of what I need is a bit more limited but that is no reason not to take what is on this site to heart. While my own vision of an emergency bug out does not require me to build my own shelter in the woods, but some basic knowledge of such info is good to have if say, you become lost in the woods while out for an afternoon hike on vacation. It never hurts to have more knowledge than you need, and Mr. Creekmore's blog is packed with it. The way it is presented is in a classic blog read, straight down the page in chronological order. There is a small archive control on the left hand side of the page to allow you to go to different months of posting material. I think that Possibly a similar directory structure, such as the one on this blog may help some readers, but I found it easy enough just to read down the pages for info I was interested in.

In short, the material is excellent. Mr. Creekmore has definitely done his homework and, according to his bio, walks the walk himself, having taken himself off the grid and into a trailer on 2 acres of land a few years back. He has several articles on planning and preparation and there is a good deal of emphasis on getting the most bang for your buck as well.

Head on over, take a look, read some articles and hey, I might even win some ammo...

No comments: