2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, April 26, 2010

the hunger....

I mentioned the other day that I was really regretting getting rid of my old Taurus PT1911 .45, nothing like a 1911 feels or satisfies like a 1911. I have been window shopping 1911's the past few days just in case I can come up with some quick cash and get one and the Springfield line of 1911's has caught my eye. I would still own a Taurus in a flash based on my previous ownership experience with them, but with everyone and their Mom making 1911s these days why limit my choices.

From what I have read and gathered from online sources, Springfield makes a solid 1911 regardless of which model or price point in their line up you choose. Kev has a very decent stainless model and I would like to get something a bit more "upscale" myself, but the basic GI model would be more than enough to satisfy my craving for a 1911.

Here is a vid of some dudes doing some mud torture and testing on the GI Springfield 1911. Not as bad of a torture test as I have seen others done, but maybe more realistic than others in what most shooters might have to expect from it... (caution, some bad language ahead)

No comments: