2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My P-3AT turned into a LCP….

Well, not literally.  Basic story, I’m selling my P-3AT to a good friend of mine and buying Kev’s LCP from him.  Why? Well if you happened to have read my thrilling LCP vs. P-3AT review back in August you would remember that even though I gave the LCP a 4-3 victory in the battle that I also thought that they were pretty much dead nuts on even for all practical reasoning.  The fact that I actually owned the P-3AT owed more to actually being able to find one of the two in stock than any other factor. 

The truth is, and I allure to it in the article, is that the Ruger is just a more refined and polished design and I wanted that “eye candy” factor of the pistol.  In addition to the styling I also get the manual slide stop which is nice at the range.  I have to carry another ounce in weight, but I feel that this should not be too much of a problem for my 250 pound frame to handle. There is not a damn thing wrong with the Kel-Tec that would make me not recommend it to a friend.  Matter of fact, I am selling the P-3AT to a very good friend of mine and am entrusting it to safeguard his life, something I would not do otherwise.  In addition, I have thought about trying out a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm compact auto sometime in the future.  I think Kel-Tec makes some great stuff that is priced to suit most buyers in the market for dependable firearms for serious self defensive needs.

So, in honor of my “new” LCP here is the uber-cool video that Ruger used to launch the pistol at the 2008 SHOT Show..

No comments: