2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Westland Gun Show

Kevin and I at the show....meh x2

Kevin and I hit the Westland Gun Show held at the old Westland Mall on the (duh) West side of Columbus yesterday. This show was almost as much a flea market as a gun show, although there were copious amounts of firearms on display. And I think that Kev and I were the least camouflaged people there. I hate to say it, but every NRA and gun nut stereotype was on display. Not that I am any better than anyone else, but do you really need to wear a full set of BDU's to one of these. I figure if you are willing to pay $8 just to get into the door you probably a a gun guy or gal, screaming it with your clothing really doesn't drive the point home any further. Of course what do I know, I had my ACU GLOCK hat on and Kev had his black GLOCK sweatshirt on too.

Maybe I've just have nothing else left that I am interesting in acquiring at this point (gasp), but I left empty handed. Kevin only got some reloading dies himself. I could of probably have dropped $100 there casually if this had been the spring, but now I just can't see the point of getting more stuff. I have enough, if not too much, stuff right now. I gotta get a handle on my stuff.

Oh well, we both had a fairly good time anyway and being around firearms is better than not being around them most days and even though this particular show is not my favorite, still glad I went.

No comments: