2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, November 16, 2009

Lack of Motivation

For those of you that may occasionally venture here more than once, you may have noticed the frequency of postings (especially ones of more than a couple of sentences) has been greatly reduced. I am apparently in one of those lulls in creativity that grasp the blogging world every once in a while. Its not for lack of material because I have more than a couple of reviews to finish and some other items that I would love to speak out about. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have "zeroed in" on reading only a handful of other gun blogs on a daily basis and we all seem to somehow cover the same material at the same time. I will admit some of what I post is just a regurgitation of other peoples work on their blogs and sites (and I try my best to give them credit up front for their work), but sometimes it seems like everyone is just reposting the 'net ad nausea for others to do the same. This is not a condemnation of myself or others, its just a fact of the web centered info age we live in these days. I don't get a lot of visitors on this site, maybe 50 - 75 on a normal day, so I know what I write (or don't write) may not be even read, but to me it does make a difference. I am the one who puts the time in to keep this blog up and if I can't get motivated to keep it going in what I feel is a worthwhile investment of my time, well it may be time to move on. I read somewhere that most blogs usually don't make it past a year or two. I don't think (hopefully) it will come to that. I may just need a break for a bit to recharge and get focused on some other parts of my life that have been neglected and figure out some fresh stuff to hop on to post. If that is the case expect to see some new and original stuff the week of Thanksgiving as I will be off a couple of days.

Until then, shoot often and shoot safe!

~Huey

No comments: