2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, November 30, 2009

Gundamentalist

Found the following thread on a forum I often read....






******

Daylight:
Today I was called a Gundamentalist.

I think it was meant to be insulting or belittling. The more I think about it, the more I find it charming.

Thernlund:
Mmmm... I dunno. Fundamentalist-anything really doesn't have good connotations associated with it.

Buuuut, turning an insult into a compliment is rarely a bad thing.

M1911a1lvr:
I think I would rather be called that then be called a firearms fanatic.

Canthros:
Presumably, a Gundamentalist is one that subscribes to the Gundamentals? That's, what? Cooper's Four Rules, the revered sainthood of John Moses Browning, and abstinence from such perversions as point shooting? Major sacraments to include baptism in Hoppes No. 9and anointing with CLP, I suppose.

JesseL:
I find the term gundamentalist offensive. I prefer to be called a "gun toting lunatic", but "heavily armed nutjob" is also acceptable.

ZeroTA:
Gundamentalist...I like it.

A friend told me a while back that all I do is shoot and read about guns on the internet. I told him that I have knowledge and a skill set that is, if nothing else, tons of fun but just may also be needed to save my life someday. He only has memories of television and video games. If that makes me a gundamentalist or gun nut or whatever, so be it. I just prefer "prepared citizen".


Huey148:
well, what do you expect when all I have to cling too are my guns and religion....jeez...

***********


Who says that gun owners don't have a sense of humor. From now on just call me a gundamentalist!!

No comments: