2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Monday, October 19, 2009

What if guns were used properly in movies....hmmm...

Here is the list of alternate endings for movies if firearms had been used early and properly. I apologize if this has been posted before. Add any other movies and alternate endings if you can come up with any. - sarge712

Why You will Never See Proper Gun Usage in Hollywood

A lot of movies would be pretty short when practical, real-world gun usage came into play. Consider the lack of suspense and drama if proper gun usage was depicted in the following movies:

Cujo: "Oh no, I'm trapped in my car by a large, rabid dog. Oh, wait a minute (dig, dig, dig)… there’s my Glock!"

The Birds: "Boy, the air is so thick with birds, you don't even have to aim."

Signs: "Unarmed aliens are trying to kill us? Grab the AK's boys, we're a-going huntin'."

Se7en: "Some psycho is trying to force me to eat until I die. I think I'll shoot him instead."

Fargo: "Oh no, two men have broken into my house and are trying to kidnap me. How will I get their bloodstains out of my carpet???"

Friday the 13th or Halloween: "If I can't actually kill Jasonl, he's going to look pretty darned funny walking around after I blow his head off with a 12 gauge."

Any Zombie Movie: "Well, we're trapped in a house surrounded by flesh eating zombies. Good thing we've got a couple of belt-fed weapons around, isn't it?"

Silence of the Lambs: "Clarice, the man you are looking for is dead. He was shot by his last intended victim. Do you have any fava beans? Thhhpthhpthp"

The Fugitive: "Good thing my wife was able to shoot her one-armed attacker. He was trying to murder her and frame me for it."

Frankenstein: “Dang Hans! The top his head came off just like a lid when you put that bullet between his eyes!”

The Village: “ Hold the round a bit low boys ‘cause its head ain’t in the right place. We’ll show it the color red!”

As you can see, the average Hollywood movie would last less than ten minutes, including seven minutes worth of credits. Showing responsible, real world gun use would not only hurt the anti-gun cause, it would remove the contrived suspense that Hollywood thrives on. Thousands of hypocritical, highly-paid actors, writers and directors would soon be out of business. Depicting the kind of armed self-defense (and the equally taboo self-reliance) would be suicide for a profession that makes a living depicting stupid people doing stupid things.

No comments: