2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Columbus Gun show

I traditionally do not attend gun shows. The last one I visited in Columbus left a bad taste in my mouth for several reasons and I generally try to avoid them. I made an exception this time and attended the Columbus Gun Show held at Veterans Memorial in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. In attendance with myself was my friend Chris from work and Kevin, aks Superfrikinawsome.



The attendance on Sunday was brisk with roughly 90% of available booths set up with goods. I brought my Taurus PT845 and Hi-Point 4095 carbine to sell (more on why in a later post). I quickly sold both and had time to shop around a bit. Some good stuff to be had. I was able to score some 8 round Sig P220 mags for $15 a piece and some bandoleer kits for 5.56 AR mags for $5 a kit. I also scored a forward grip for my new AR, sweet. Kevin got a sweet light for his AR and Chris got a collapsible baton to beat Crackhead Johnny over the head with if needed.

I even got a chance to talk to Rich from Buckeye Firearms Association and find out a bit more about what they have going on. Their current project of interest is a lawsuit against the City of Cleveland who are ticketing CCW holders in violation of state law due to a local ordnance. If you are a gun toting citizen of the Buckeye State you should look into joining this organization. Think of them as your locally focused NRA offshoot. I donated some green stuff to keep the fight going in the courts.

I will be going back.

No comments: