2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Family Portrait

I was talking to a friend at work about my new purchase of the Ruger Security Six and he jokingly asked me "what are you trying to do, start your own small arsenal?", to which I naturally responded "whaddaya mean small?". Then it got me thinking I haven't posted a pic of my collection in recent memory so here you go world...my firearms.

Long Arms (top to bottom):

Mosin-Nagant 91/30 7.62x54R

Mosin-Nagant M44 7.62x54R

Mauser Karibiner k98 8mm

Romanian WASR-10 GP AK 7.62x39

Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga Shotgun

Ruger 10/22 .22lr

Hi_Point 4095 Carbine .40 S&W

Pistols (top to bottom and left to right)

Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum

Bersa Thunder .380 ACP

Taurus PT845 .45 ACP

Smith & Wesson M&P 40c .40 S&W

Smith & Wesson 637 .38 Spl +P

Smith & Wesson 22A .22lr

Glock 22 .40 S&W

Now some have been somewhat modified from their original form or configuration. Is this in excess? I don't think so given the current state of things, but feel free to let me know if I appear to be an over the top gun nut or whatever. Compared to the collection Charleton Heston left behind, I am strictly an amateur.

Charleton Heston's Collection.....I am drooling right now

9 comments:

manlaan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
manlaan said...

I dont think its in excess. In fact, I think its a pretty good start. Some people collect coins, some collect stamps, and even some people collect firearms.

My collection is about the same size as yours, and there's still a half a dozen things I would like to add before I even start to consider it complete, so you have my vote for adding in more, if you still have stuff on your list.

I sure hope you have ammo to go along with all that as well, or it doesn't count. ;)

SuperFrikinAwsome said...

I agree. Its a terribly expensive hobby but there is no better feeling than adding one to your collection.

I allways think in the back of my head that people will think im a nutjob for wanting so many. oh well. its just to much fun to get a new gun take it home, learn to take it apart, and go to the range with it.

You keep all that locked up?

Huey148 said...

yeah, they are all kept secured in one of the el cheapo Stack-On upright safes with a few of the pistol boxes bolted on as well. Even though some of them have magazines inserted and the M44 has live rounds on the stock carrier everything in the pic was empty. I checked and cleared everything 4 times, twice coming out of the vault and twice before going back in. Also, everything in the safe is either cable locked, has the bolt removed and stored separately or is otherwise rendered inoperable. I know some will say that this is counter productive if I actually need them, but as SuperFrikinA will attest to, we don't live in a very bad part of town. I am more worried about my daughters safety around them (my wife will not give me the green light to take her to the range with me.....yet). I am saving up for a "real" safe for the basement, but man they cost as much as an AR and once you get them installed they don't move easily. I also keep ammo locked up seperately from the firearms.

SuperFrikinAwsome said...

We don't live in a bad area but bad things do happen here. We had someone in my neighborhood get broken into at 1:00AM, and tied to a chair. They made off with a flat panel TV, I think like $5000.00 and video equiptment and other stuff. Why the hell they had that much cash i'll never know. I think they may have been into something that they shouldnt have been. Whoever did it i think knew what they had and where it was. Either way, It does consern me. My stuff isn't locked up yet. But since I got my AR i really want to get a safe. I have all if my guns Serial numbers and pictures stored on my PC and now that i think of it i should put a copy of it in my safe too! That way i have all the numbers in case something happens. Insurance will cover the loss if something should happen but i still want to be able to recover them if possible. You may want to do the same.

Long story short, I keep my PT845 in my bed room for that reason.
Like a buddy of mine told me. Rats are every where. You may not see them but they are there.

Huey148 said...

If you are going to put your serial numbers on your pc I would suggest placing them in an encrypted folder for safeguarding.

maskedhobo said...

I don't think you have enough guns.

Huey148 said...

well, I'm working on it!

SuperFrikinAwsome said...

I have to agree with masked....we all need more.....