2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Missing My Cougar...(no, not a MILF)

I have been messaging via Facebook with a friend of mine that is looking to get a first pistol with her husband down in West-By-God-Virgina. My first reaction was one of befuddlement, as I assumed that entire state had guns falling out of closets and poking out from under beds. Then I realized my geography was week and I was thinking of Kentucky-fried-Kentucky.

Anyway, after a series of questions about their intended use and budget I gave her a possible recommendation for a Stoeger Cougar, such as I used to own until recently. This got me a bit teary eyed and I realized I really loved that pistol, even if it was "only" a 9mm. It was of high quality and craftsmanship, dependable and shot well. I sold it to a friend and used the proceeds towards my Taurus PT845, so my regrets is bearable, but still there.

I found Stoeger's promotional video for the Cougar on YouTube, I still recommend this firearm highly.

No comments: